Information technology provides great opportunities to support business strategies and develop new services based on data. Artificial intelligence including machine learning, visualisation, and business understanding are some of the disciplines that enable decision support based on data knowledge.
The volume of big data is growing exponentially. But despite these new opportunities for acquiring and analysing data, many business decisions still rely on feelings and intuition. We can change it.
We can advise on all these technologies based on your maturity level as well as develop solutions that meet your needs.
- A first step is to identify the available data sources. It can be data that are already being captured or possibilities for how to acquire new data by use of sensors. You may need to combine different data sources, to adapt different formats, and filter noise, etc.
- The next step may be different ways of visualising data. With large amounts of data, it can be difficult to find out what kind of information, patterns etc. can impact your business, and here visualisation may be helpful. Good visualisations often reveal new interesting patterns, which can be symptomatic of problems in a production process, previously unknown behaviors, etc.
- A next step may be to use machine learning for recognition of relevant patterns to predict future events.
- Finally, it may be necessary to develop actual solutions that are integrated with the company's other systems.
- Manufacturing companies may be able to change from providing physical devices to provide services – also called servitization.
- With regard to solutions, it may be relevant or necessary to deal with security and privacy issues, ensure usability through user involvement and development of appropriate interaction forms, and not least development of business models for data usage. We can advise you on all these topics.